THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

Pattern choices for the modern quilter

Dienstag, 24. April 2012

A jeansy blue is the current color scheme of this post series.
And I have to admit that I had a hard time finding the right fabrics and a good pattern. Is it really that royal blue is not as popular in the fabric world or is it just my feeling?
Since I right now write about “Disappearing Ninepatches” this pattern gave me the inspiration for today. And here is, what I came up with
pattern choices 2
If I had mixed more of the tan snippets it could have turned out like this – but for me this pattern was a bit too busy.
pattern choices
Remember the process?
monica Arellano-Ongpin Color choice Fabric choice
Jeansblau ist das momentane Schema in meiner Farbserie. Und ich muss zugeben, ich hab mich schwer getan damit, die richtigen Stoffe und ein schönes Muster zu finden. Ist es wirklich so, dass dieses Royal Blau nicht sehr oft in der Stoffwelt zu finden ist oder ist das ein rein subjektives Empfinden meinerseits?
Da ich grade für Quilter’s Garden das Thema “Disappearing Ninepatch” vorstelle, hat es mich auch hier inspiriert. Ich habe zwei Variationen, ein sattes Gesamtblau, was für meinen Geschmack dem Ausgangsbild am nächsten kommt, und ein etwas belebteres Muster, das mir ein wenig zu unruhig vorkommt.

Today I feel really tired, exhausted. I could sleep and sleep and sleep all day long. If I only could afford ;-)
I sewed, quilted, binded three quilts last week, two of them are larger bed quilts, and was pretty achieving. I give you just a glimpse of two of them, not revealing too much before Market.
London Tube_2

Linen Inlay_6
You will see more later.
And Diane kindly helped me with preparing beautiful clutches for sample spree. She sewed some samples and made kits. I won’t mind if the samples won’t totally sell out ;-) I want one for myself…
clutch ZEN CHIC
For sample spree I have also made some pretty necklaces from the Juggling Summer line. If you don’t have the chance to come to Quilt Market, you can find a tutorial to make your own here.
 fabric necklace
And now I need a little break, at least a little blogging break. I won’t continue the color series until after Quilt Market and I’m sure you understand. I will blog here and there a bit about how things are going and share pictures from the Market, but I won’t set myself under pressure to deliver a certain post in time.
I’m so glad I found some helping hands, thank you Diane, Christine and Karen!

Heute fühle ich mich ganz schön erschöpft und müde. Ich könnte immer nur schlafen, den ganzen Tag, wenn ich es mir nur erlauben könnte ;-)
Ich habe letzte Woche drei Quilts genäht, gequiltet und eingefasst, zwei davon sind große Bettquilts, und schon eine ganze Menge meines Pensums geschafft. Hier ist ein kleiner Schnipsel eines Eindrucks, zuviel will ich momentan noch nicht verraten. Das zeige ich dann später…
Diane war so freundlich, mit mit einigen Sache für Sample Spree zu helfen. Sie nähte einige Musterhandtaschen und schnitt Materialsets dafür zurecht. Und ich wäre gar nicht böse, wenn die Musterhandtaschen nicht komplett ausverkauft würden, ich möchte nämlich gerne eine behalten. Dazu habe ich dann noch einige Stoffhalsketten gemacht, für die es auf dem Blog übrigens ein Tutorial gibt.
Und jetzt brauche ich eine Pause, zumindest eine Blogpause. Meine Farbschemaserie muss jetzt erst mal warten bis nach dem Quilt Markt Ende Mai. Ich werde auf jeden Fall hier und da etwas von den Fortschritten berichten, aber möchte mich nicht noch damit unter Druck setzen, zu einem bestimmten Zeitpunkt einen bestimmten Post zu schreiben. Fotos vom Quilt Market werde ich aber auf jeden Fall zeigen.
Ich bin so froh, dass ich ein paar helfende Hände gefunden habe. Danke Diane, Christine und Karen für eure Unterstützung!
Talk to you soon
Brigitte

7 Kommentare:

Rosa hat gesagt…

I like you blue quilt!
Blue is really not a favor but it is definately growing on me:-)
The black quilt with the colorfull stripes looks fabulous!!!

Sequana hat gesagt…

On my monitor those little snippets look like red, but TAN would really be nice. They look like an animal has crossed it. :)

You and your "people" are making such beautiful projects.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com hat gesagt…

Your projects look great. I love the dense quilting in the black one.
I am so excited you allowed me to play with your new fabric and look forward to getting everything ready to send to you.
xoxo, di

Trudi hat gesagt…

The blue is so vibrant! But the samples, wow, they shine! LOVE the clutch, shame I won't be at market, I'd be fighting to get my hands on one of them :) Remember to take good care of you, it's going to be quite a ride :)

Amanda Mc hat gesagt…

Love the Zen Chic quilt!

Esch House Quilts hat gesagt…

I love the quilts and that clutch is totally darling!

Mary hat gesagt…

Hi Brigitte, I have recently been honored with the Liebster Blog Award, and I would like to pay the same compliment to you. I love your quilting and enjoy reading your blog..... So I would like to award you the Liebster Blog Award. The Liebster Blog award is presented to blogs that the presenter feels are worthy. It is given to "small blogs" - those with fewer than 200 followers. Check out my blog for more details. Congratulations! :)

.

 
site design by designer blogs